Men & Mice Suite v9.2 with multi-account management for AWS, new DNS Workflow and Advanced Reporting add-on modules
Hybrid & Multicloud Network Management
The Men & Mice Suite is an API-first overlay solution for the unified management of complex on-premise, hybrid and multicloud DNS, DHCP, and IPAM. The release of Men & Mice Suite version 9.2 introduces several improvements and new capabilities with greater synchronization, portability and visibility.
Highlights from Men & Mice Suite 9.2
- New Workflow module (add-on): greater ease and control to DNS management by enabling users to request and optionally schedule the fulfilment of DNS changes for administrator approval/denial.
- New Advanced Reporting module (add-on): create tailor-made reports by correlating data and templates in just a few steps, scheduling the results to be generated daily, weekly or on a custom schedule.
- Multiple account support for AWS: manage and retrieve data from AWS master account credentials associated with up to thousands of AWS sub-accounts.
- Availability on the Azure Marketplace: try the Men & Mice Suite on Azure, or implement with one-click install (with step-by-step instructions).
- Improved DHCP functionality for scopes and reservations on ISC DHCP, ISC Kea, and Cisco
- A host of added functionality for filtering, quick commands, and data displays for further mobility and ease of operations.
DNS Workflow module (add-on)
The new Workflow Module add-on, available for purchase by customers using Men & Mice Suite version 9.2 and beyond, is designed for the efficient request, approval and scheduling of DNS tasks.
The Workflow module allows users to make requests for creating, modifying and deleting DNS records. Network administrators can gain greater control and organization over changes within their DNS infrastructure by easily approving, rejecting and scheduling DNS changes.
A common scenario for using the Workflow Module would be a user requesting to add a new DNS record, modify or delete an existing DNS record. The request is created and is viewable to an administrator, along with other requests from other users in one comprehensive list, for approval or rejection, scheduling or immediate implementation. The new Workflow module can be licensed as an add-on to versions of Men & Mice Suite v9.2 or beyond.
Advanced Reporting module (add-on)
In version 9.2 of the Men & Mice Suite, we’ve augmented the basic reporting features included in 9.1 and created an add-on Advanced Reporting Module. This new Reporting module, available for purchase to customers using Men & Mice Suite version 9.2 and beyond, enables users and administrators the ability to utilize, save and export for download a variety of report templates.
The advanced reports can be tailor-made by correlating data and templates in just a few steps, and scheduling the results to be generated daily, weekly or on a custom schedule.
AWS Multi-Account Management
The Men & Mice Suite already features cloud-native IPAM integration with AWS and Azure, in addition to DNS integration with services such as Akamai Fast DNS, Amazon Route 53, Azure DNS, Dyn DNS and NS1.
In Men & Mice Suite v9.2, multi-account management from AWS master accounts has been added enabling the Men & Mice Suite to retrieve data from AWS master account credentials associated with up to thousands of AWS sub-accounts.
This means DNS zones, VPCs and subnets can be listed for each cloud account subscription belonging to the service, dramatically cutting down administration while guaranteeing a global view/management of the cloud infrastructure.
More wizards for streamlining operations
In version 9.2, the Men & Mice Suite extends the range of functionality, from network creation (including IPv6 support) to single-click system updates and bulk management of subnets, ranges, scopes, and more.
The Men & Mice Suite is now available for trial or one-click install through Azure Marketplace
The first third-party solution to integrate with Azure DNS, Men & Mice takes this long-term partnership a step further by simplifying availability of the Men & Mice Suite. From Version 9.2, customers using or desiring to use Azure can now implement Men & Mice Suite with Azure Marketplace’s one-click install, optimizing and drastically cutting down deployment time to minutes rather than hours.
The Men & Mice Suite is different from other DNS, DHCP, and IPAM (DDI) solutions because of:
- API-first overlay design is lightweight and easy to implement.
- Utilization of cloud-native features within cloud services streamlines synchronization of IPAM and DNS
- Unparalleled integration with Windows servers, Azure and Azure DNS
- Portability of DNS zones, DHCP scopes, and IP data between locations, servers, and/or service providers simplifies migration processes.
- xDNS Redundancy™ feature offers complete DNS synchronization between hybrid or multi-cloud network services.
- Flexible purchasing options with the choice of either perpetual licenses or subscriptions (note: add-on modules are only available through subscription).