The fourth and final installment on the IPAM Module in the Men & Mice Suite!
Daily work tools
In addition to the mentioned functionality, the Men & Mice Suite IP Address Module brings several helpful tools, which make the daily work much easier:
- Move Device: When a device (e.g. a server) gets a new IP address this functionality helps to accomplish the task with one click. Merely mark the IP address, select ‘Move’ and select the new IP address.
- Search & Update Wizard: This tool allows you to bulk changes or to search for a certain data. Changing e.g. an office number for hundreds of machines can be done in one step.
- Split subnets: With a simple dialog you can split up a base subnet into possible subnets, e.g. a 10.1.2.0/22 into 4 times 724
- Join Subnets: Just by marking the ranges and pressing the Join button will merge the subnets (if possible) into a base subnet, e.g. 4 times /24 into a /22
- Allocation Wizard: Allows an easy allocation of certain number of subnets, e.g. 2 times a /24, which should be allocated underneath a /16. No manual search for free blocks – the allocation wizard takes care of this.
- Find next free address in range: Imagine a partly used IPv4/IPv6 subnet and you need to find a free IP address for a host. With the help of ‘Find the next free address’ –functionality, the Men & Mice Suite will find the next free IP address for you.
We hope these four posts on the IPAM Module have been informative and useful. Why not getting a free trial of the Men & Mice Suite?